T20 Player of the Year, Glenn Maxwell sums it up nicely. Apply these inspirational words of wisdom as necessary to your own; day, life, writing project, sporting event...I did.
Maxi's Top Tips:
- Play to your strengths
- Prepare early
- Be patient
- Be brave - don't be intimidated
- Take the initiative - be confident and look for opportunities
- Avoid over analysis- don't over think things, it can distract you from getting the little things right.
- Take things slowly - try to stay relaxed and don't rush
- Stay positive
- Be selective
- Keep your eye on the ball - don't lose sight of your goals
‘Sometimes if you concentrate only on trying to do big things, you end up forgetting the small stuff that’s really important.’